Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day of School Jitters/Excitement

Students, teachers, parents, and other staff, please share your thoughts about the first day of school. We would love to hear your reflections about the day, what you think abut your classes, what your thoughts about advisory are, and what you think about our new schedule.

I would like to thank the junior class for moving to 1P for their advisories today to so that we could have all advisories meet at the same time. I would also like to thank all of the students and staff who helped to make our opening ceremony a success! Many thanks to all of our student speakers! Ms. Fisher, you and your crew did an incredible job on short notice.

It was great seeing all of our juniors and sophomores and hearing about some of your summer adventures. It was also wonderful to finally meet our new freshman. In the coming days I look forward to meeting and getting to know each of you.

Looking forward to hearing from many you!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I am a parent of a new ninth grader. I am very excited to have my child attend CSIHS. There are things that have impressed me even though school has barely been in session. First,the summer HW was well thought out. The choice of books to read gave students an interesting array of international profiles to read about. The assignments from the other subject were interdisciplinary in design, and the work was just enough to keep my child in "school mode" during the summer. Secondly, I like the later school hours. Research has shown that teenagers need more sleep, and they function better later in the day. Good looking out CSIHS. Thirdly, my son has been talking about his advisory class with lots of enthusiasm. I feel that we made the right choice in selecting CSIHS as a high school to prepare students for college and for life!