All CSIHSIS students who participate in exams must agree to the following policies, as originally laid out by the New York State Board of Regents.
· Students must agree to show proctors all materials they bring into the examination room as they enter, or at any time during the exam. At no time may students use or obtain any unauthorized notes or printed material that would give the student unfair advantage.
· In other words … DO NOT, FOR ANY REASON, ATTEMPT TO USE ANY NOTES OR OTHER MATERIALS DURING THE TEST.
· Students are not permitted to obtain information from or give information to other students in any way during the examination. If you suspect that such an attempt has occurred, warn the students that any further attempts will result in the termination of their examinations. Students may be moved to a different location if necessary. If these steps fail to end attempts to obtain or give information, the principal will be informed immediately and the students’ examinations will be terminated … No score may be earned by a student who has attempted to obtain aid from or give aid to another students or has otherwise committed fraud during an examination.
· In other words … DO NOT, FOR ANY REASON, TALK WITH ANOTHER STUDENT OR COMMUNICATE IN ANY WAY WHILE IN THE EXAMINATION ROOM.
· Students may not use any communication device while taking an examination, either in the room or while on a break. This includes, but is not limited to cellular telephones, pagers, MP3 players, etc. If you have a device that rings or vibrates during the exam, DO NOT ANSWER IT or look at it. You must turn these devices off and store them away from you for the duration of the exam. Your examination will be invalidated and no score may be earned if you use any such device while in a testing room.
· In other words … DO NOT, FOR ANY REASON DO ANYTHING THAT COULD LOOK LIKE YOU ARE USING A TECHNOLOGICAL DEVICE WHILE IN THE EXAMINATION ROOM.
· Students must only turn in their exams if they are able to honestly state “I do hereby affirm, at the close of this examination, that I had no unlawful knowledge of the questions or answers prior to the examination and that I have neither given nor received assistance in answering any of the questions during the examination.”
· In other words … DO WHAT IS RIGHT TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU CAN HONESTLY SAY YOUR EXAM IS YOUR WORK, AND YOUR WORK ONLY.
Please sign and print your name below to record that you have reviewed this honor code and will abide by these expectations at all times during exams throughout your time at CSIHSIS, including finals, class tests, and Regents Exams.
__________________ ___________________ ____________
Printed Name Signature Date