Thursday, April 8, 2010

CSIHSIS IN THE NEWS!

Check out our Dragon Drum Circle in the Staten Island Advance!
My first drum circle experience was with the school last year.

I took percussion freshman year and went to the community drum circle. I liked it a lot, and this year, I got to work as a facilitator for the circle."

Drums are a universal language of communication.

Every culture uses its own specific kind of drums. We're in the process of trying to acquire Japanese Taiko drums to add to our arsenal.

If you are interested in helping our school raise the funds to purchase Taiko drums, please contact us!

Catch the beat! Join us at our next Drum Circle!

1 comment:

Victoria Manzo said...

It was great to be recognized for our music, or group and all the fun and good we bring! Thanks to the SI Advance for documenting an aspect that truly makes our school special and unique, and to Mrs.P and Mrs. Horroweitz for making it possible! I loved to be a part of it!